To say that Sweet-Pea enjoys baking is an understatement! She absolutely LOVES being in the kitchen. She'll help cook dinner, bake desserts and even prepare various beverages (iced tea, lemonade etc.) Every Mom should have a helper as wonderful as she is.
A few weeks ago she decided she wanted to make cupcakes she saw in one of her American Girl books...decorated like puppies. So, she and Daddy went to the store and purchased all the necessary ingredients. When they got back home, she got busy right away decorating (the cupcakes were made earlier)! Here she is creating her masterpieces:
She made 3 different puppies...
This cute little guy with speckled ears:
This little white fluffy guy (either a poodle or Bichon):
And my absolute favorite - the adorable one with peanut butter cookie ears:
I think she did a fantastic job, don't you??
Cheese:
OK, I just HAD to comment on the Amazing Race. The 14th season premiered tonight, and I have to say that this was the first episode in all the years it's been on that I laughed until I cried!
The funny part was when the contestants had to walk up a steep slippery hill in Switzerland, pick up a 50 lb cheese wheel, and transport it on their backs down the hill. They had to deliver a total of 200 lbs of cheese (4 wheels). It sounds easy enough, but the wooden contraptions that were supposed to be on their backs to transport them kept falling apart, and the cheese wheels kept rolling down the hill! That was funny enough, but then many of the contestants started scooting down the hill on their backsides with a cheese wheel on their lap. It was just the funniest thing!!! I'm hoping that someone will put it up on YouTube so I can post it here. It's worth the giggle.
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!! It felt good to just sit and be entertained like that. Kudos to the Amazing Race for a funny episode. Let's hope the rest of the season brings us more comedy like they did in this first episode!
2 comments:
Ohmygosh ... how creative those cupcakes are!!! I don't watch the Amazing Race but your account does sound funny ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Wow...... those cupcakes are fantastic! Well Done!
Post a Comment