Here she is with her
Many of the ends were splitting and it was starting to frizz.
Yup, that's a forced smile!
The stylist thought this would be a great photo...she could hardly reach the top of Sweet-Pea's hair! It took her over 4o min. just to comb out the snarls...and that was after I brushed it through at home!!
A few times Sweet-Pea nearly fell out of the chair because of the tugging and pulling. She got approx. 6" cut off. Notice her not-so-sure look!
"Are you really cutting my hair??"
After the stylist cut her hair, she washed it. Washing it before would have only made it more difficult to comb through. Check out the red marks near Sweet-Pea's forehead...from the combing. Poor girl, I was hurting for her.
OK, things are looking a bit brighter...there's a little smile on her face. No more pain now, only a good brushing, blow drying and some great compliments from the other ladies in the salon who said she was such a great sport!
Lookin' good!
When we got home I didn't get any good photos of her, so before bed time I remember to snap a few photos of her hair before she slept on it. Here she is with hair that's 6" shorter, much more manageable and a whole lot healthier!
It even shines! Ahh...it was well worth all the pain! Of course taking her to Toys R Us after the salon helped ease that pain a bit! = )
Maybe next time she gets it cut, she'll go for the 10" so she can donate it to Locks of Love. She didn't cut enough off this time around - even 6" was more than she could bear. She is much happier now and I'm thrilled that we won't be shedding tears while getting ready in the mornings!
5 comments:
Girl, I didn't even read your entry, I just zipped through the pictures to get to the final one to see how much got cut off. It's still long and she's STILL beautiful.
Love to you,
Josephine
dixiecajuns
She is blessed with gorgeous hair!!! The cut makes it look even better!
She looks fantastic. I remember those painful days of hair brushing. My mom would pull out the brush and I would run and hide!
What a fun photo series to mark this moment!
Hugs and blessings,
Poor girl, I could just FEEL her pain as you described the brushing! She's a beautiful young lady!
Post a Comment