Did our hard work pay off? We're not sure yet, but there were 8 families that came to look at the house...all serious buyers and not just nosy neighbors like the last time! (Fortunately the neighbors got it out of their system now that they know our house is cleaner than theirs! hee hee) Anyhow....out of those 8 families, 4 of them seem very interested. A few of them have to still sell their homes first which presents a major stumbling block for buying just yet. So...we will see. God is good and He is in control of the situation, not us. We did our part by cleaning up and preparing the house...and of course praying! We feel good knowing that God WILL do what's best for us as we wait for the next step in this process. Keep praying for us and for a quick sale of our home.
OPEN skate: Sweet-Pea had her skating lesson today. I always love going to the rink with her and I look forward to going each week. Today we got there and only a couple others were out on the ice. Her lesson is during Open Skate (public skate) but since it's early on a weekday, not many people are ever there. Often we have the entire rink to ourselves! Most times I just stand on the side of the rink with digital camera in one hand and camcorder in the other. (Yes, I'm an obsessed photographer!) Today I didn't bring the cameras since I simply wanted to watch her skate. Her coach walked up to me and said that I looked like such a proud mama. I am!! She's such a beautiful girl learning such a beautiful sport!
****WARNING: I'm going to vent in this next section!****
Where am I going with this? First of all, let me step up onto my soap box!
The past 2 weeks when we've gotten to the rink, there have been a couple moms there with their young children....age 5 and under. Three of them have helmets and skates on, the other two run around like maniacs all over the place. The moms will either stay where it's warm in the waiting area, or will stand near the entrance to the ice not paying attention to their kids, but talking constantly! I don't know why they just don't go sit down and chat...they stand in the way of anyone who needs to get on/off the ice.
Today there were 3 other people skating besides Sweet-Pea and her coach when they got there. The 3 girls got on the ice and proceeded to skate in and out of all the people on the ice. At first I didn't think much of it - I just thought they were curious, but it got to be annoying!!! Needless to say, my blood started boiling more and more as they kept at it. The coach told them to stop skating between her and Sweet-Pea and to leave them alone but they seemed to persist. Last week when we were getting ready to leave one of the moms told the other how her daughter was on the ice at another rink while someone was having their lesson, and that she was immitating them, but skating better than the student. She laughed while saying this to her friend and actually seemed proud of her daughter for doing that. Me? I think it's downright rude! I think it's appaling how she thought her daughter, who was disrupting a skating lesson someone else paid for was doing something cute! Today the mother was no different. I can see where the daughter gets it from!
I had to cringe inside and try to contain myself or I'd blow and say something to her I'd regret. Of course if it continues then I'll be sure and say something, but I'll give it another week or two. We are paying good money for these skating lessons and I don't want a few bratty kids (sorry but there's no other appropriate term) disrupting them. Sweet-Pea's coach will speak up, but she's so sweet that the kids will probably just ignore her.
So...is it me, or are there parents out there who simply don't care how their children act in public or how they infringe upon other people and their space?? When kids overstep the boundaries of respect towards others, they've gone too far and should be repremanded. Did any of you see Supernanny last week?? That's just what 2 twin boys were doing. They were running amuck in their neighborhood - going in neighbors yards, garages, front doors and one of them even hit a pregnant woman in the belly!!! These girls remind me of those boys. They think they're "all that" when they really are such babies who need strict discipline...the problem is that the parents need it too!!!!
OK...stepping off my soapbox now...but I'll get back on if I have to next week!! hee hee
OPEN Mind: Tomorrow I am taking Sweet-Pea to get her hair cut. Yup, I said cut! She has NEVER ever had a real hair cut, and she still doesn't want to get one. I told her to keep an open mind and let the hair stylist layer and trim her hair a bit. I promised her that we'd keep as much of the length as possible though. (You should see her in the tub when her hair is wet! It not only goes down to her behind, but past it!) The reason for the cut? Lately we have been running into a lot of snags, tangles and knots which have caused tears and pain, so it's time to weed out the dead ends and clean it up. Her hair is so fine, so it tangles easily. I'll do my best to take photos and post 'em here tomorrow! Plus...I'll brag a bit about Lionel then....gotta give the kids equal time online.
Blessings,
3 comments:
Elinor,
You have both a beautiful family as well as a very nice web site. Someone in your family is very creative.
If you plan on continuing using the best math book there is (John Saxon's Math Books), please visit:
www.usingsaxon.com
Have a Blessed and Happy New Year!
Art Reed
Glad the open house went well! Hope you have a buyer very soon!
That would drive me nuts...Re: the ice rink and rude brats.
Kids imitate what they have learned from their patents. Pray you don't have anymore problems with that. I wonder if they have rules at the rink...you know you break them a few times then you get kicked out if you don't follow them. Is there someone you could talk to about it?
Someone in charge needs to stand up and do something.
Ok I'm done ;)
Glad sweet-pea could get her hair cut.
Hey Girlfriend,
Wow, I would love to be able to learn how to ice skate. "Sweet Pea" looks so cute. What a time you're having with the "children" at the rink. I can't watch Nanny 911, cause all I want to do is SMACK me some parents. Sure hope everything gets better and those parents see how rude their "children" are acting. Don't be ashamed to jump up on that soapbox. I think "Sweat Pea" has some of the prettiest hair, so I sure hope it doesn't get a lot cut off. :--)
Praying that the house sells soon. 'Love to you,
Josephine
dixiecajuns
Post a Comment