Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update on Dad

I just got home from the nursing home after being there almost 12 hours! I'm SO tired! I came home to shower, change and rest a bit, but I need to get back there. They called me this morning and said that my Dad wouldn't make it through the day. He's an amazing man and he has been fighting it all day. He is resting as comfortably as can be expected, but it's so hard to see him laying there so helpless. We've read almost all of the Psalms to him and he has been listening to nice quiet hymns all day long. I know he hears us as I see his face almost light up when he hears verses and music that are his favorites! God is good and I know He is holding Dad every step of the way!!!!

Please continue to pray. Pray that Lionel and I will feel rested. He has been with me most of the day. He wants to be there with me the whole time, so neither of us will be getting much rest tonight - if any. Pray that the Lord will keep Dad alive until we get back there to be with him...we hated to leave, but the nurses said that we had time to go home for a while. Yeah...I got home and came online...but I wanted to update family and friends. We needed this 'reality' break.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughtfulness...thank you to those of you who sent emails and posted comments here...they have been great and I appreciate them!!!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Kristen said...

praying for you.... I was finally able to post. the internet here acts a bit wacky at times.
love, Kristen