Sunday, January 06, 2008

Jane Austen on PBS - Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about the new Masterpiece Theater shows that PBS is putting out.

Premiering on January 13th (Sunday evening) they will be broadcasting adaptations of all six of her novels (including Sense & Sensibility), along with a new drama based on the life of Jane Austen! They will be showing:
  • Emma
  • Mansfield Park
  • Northanger Abbey
  • Persuasion
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Sense & Sensibility
This means they have re-done the original movies once again. I'm not going to pass on this wonderful opportunity to see them portrayed in a different way.

The link to the Jane Austen part of PBS can be found here. There are links to see a video preview, sign up to win a book, join a book club, and get teacher's guides. The teacher's guide is entitled "The Complete Jane Austen Teacher's Guide". "Get ideas and tips on how to teach the works of Jane Austen using film as another avenue into her world."

The book club has a few good pdf files to view:
Why Jane? Why now?
Jane's life
Scones recipe
Bookmark

OK, I'm headed over there now to print off my teacher's guide. Hey it's free and there may be some really interesting stuff in it that I could use in our own classroom. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love Austen's books.

Now if I can just get the station to come in....time for rabbit ears and aluminum foil!
Happy New Year

Gin at DoeHill
www.homeschoolblogger.com/doehill