Ever have one of "those days"? Well today was my turn again. This evening couldn't come quickly enough. I seem to be so klutzy lately. I was making berry smoothies in our blender with frozen fruit, milk and powdered sugar (wonderful smoothies by the way). The berries were stuck to each other and weren't going down to the bottom of the container - even when I used the built in wand...so what did I do? I took the top off to push them down while it was still on when...
Unfortunately I didn't get the top on quick enough when the berries decided to hit the spinning blades and explode like a volcano. WHAT A MESS!!! The entire purple concoction shot up in the air and landed all over my clothes, my hair, the counters, floors, ceiling, appliances, walls etc. etc. It actually was quite funny until I realized that the purple in the berries stain everything!!! The only thing that really got me mad was that I forgot to snap a photo of it to post here on my blog. I was too busy heading to the bathroom to shower the berries off my head (instant conditioner!)
THEN...Later in the evening I went to put Sweet-Pea to bed. She was riding her pony, Butterscotch - the one she got for Christmas. She got off to him to give me a goodnight hug and promptly smashed her head into my lip which embedded itself into my upper two teeth! YEOW!!!!!!!! It bled for a little bit, but I was OK. Sweet-Pea cried for a little while since she felt bad, but I really was fine...it just hurt...still does.
Anyhow...this day was just one I'd rather forget (so why am I even posting about it? 'Cause I'm a true blogger, that's why!) Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I think I'll do my part by staying away from the blender.
1 comment:
You poor things, getting a mess and all beat up! I did crack up at the blender mess. Oh well, now you have the PBS info to cheer you up!
Post a Comment