Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Purse Driven Life

I am currently reading through the book entitled "The Purse Driven Life...It really is all about me". The author is Anita Renfroe - who has lately been famous for her rendition of the William Tell Overture for Moms. If you haven't seen it, here is a link. It's worth a good look if you have a few minutes.

Anyhow, this book is perfect for those of us over 40 since we are the ones who can truly relate to what she is saying. She talks about some of the more serious parts to life yet with a bit of reality and a sense of humor. I loved reading the part where she referrs to her age...the year she turned the big four-oh (40) she refused to say she was 40...instead, she said she was $39.95 plus shipping and handling. She also talks about motherhood, being a wife and how our bodies change over time...and oh how they change...and sag...and droop...and fall apart....need I go on? She will have you laughing all the way through this book which is very easy to read. I highly recommend it, even if you're not quite 40...you'll be there eventually and I'll be waving to you from behind my walker!

1 comment:

Fifi said...

Hello there
It's great to meet you! Thanks for the visit over at my place.
Well, I have lived all my 38 years in S.A. My Hubby is originally from Zimbabwe.
Unfortunately S.A is not the country it used to be. It's wonderful that all of it's people have freedom, but the country is sadly falling apart, quickly! As Europeans, we have to understand that it is the African's country and we have to fit in. If that is not possible to do, then we need to live elsewhere.
We do try to be as positive as possible, and pray hard that God intervienes.
Look forward to getting to know you better.

PS.... Anita Renfroe is coming out to Johannesburg in May next year. I hope to see her. She is hilarious!