Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Walk on the Beach

Today after church we went down to the beach to walk around a bit. It was a warm sunny day and we needed to get out and spend some quality family time together. (My Dad moved in with us almost 2 years ago and we don't get much family time anymore due to the fact that we have been taking care of him. He's got Alzheimer's Disease, so life has been a bit stressful and busy for us.)

The tide was low, so we were able to walk out pretty far. The kids each carried a bag with them for shells etc. Lionel was pretty particular about what he collected (mainly shells), but Sweet-Pea filled hers up with all sorts of goodies, including a few rocks and a big chunk of bird poo which I quickly discarded. Eew! We didn't see any dead fish laying around (thanks to the seagulls) but we did find a few crabs that didn't catch the tide when it went out. Here's Edward with one of 'em.



After walking around for an hour or so, we decided to 'leave our mark' on the beach before the tide came in. I'm sure it's all washed away by now, but it was fun making our footprints. If you look closely enough, they almost look like they're raised up out of the sand rather than pushed into the sand. Weird optical illusion, huh?



I am so thankful to God for the memories we made today. He is faithful and always seems to give us what we need each day. He knew we needed this time together as a family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! I was wondering how you made those raised footprints! LOL I am envious of anyone who lives near the beach! We did for 20 years and I MISS it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Jamin
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jaminacema

Anonymous said...

The beach! We have lived here in FL 2 months now and only been there once!! We really need to get back there. I would love to go at low tide so we could look for creatures. Maybe this week. :-)
Love the photo of Edward and the crab!