One of the best decisions Edward and I made together, was that we would homeschool our children. It was definitely something God pressed on our hearts separately. When we came together to talk about Lionel's education 9 years ago, we originally talked about private school. We thought we'd pray about it for a while and then talk about it again before making our final decision. One night I approached Edward and told him that I felt that God was calling me to homeschool. Well, to my surprise, he was thrilled. It was what he wanted all along, but he wanted it to come from me rather than him since I would be doing most of the teaching and training. God worked it out in each of our hearts separately, so when we had to make our final decision, we were in perfect agreement. We haven't regretted one minute of it and are so thankful that God is allowing us this privilege!
Let me introduce you to our beloved children...'Lionel' is 12 and is in 8th grade. His passion is trains, thus the nick-name Lionel. He is extremely smart and talented, especially on his violin. We are very proud of the young gentleman he's becoming. 'Sweet-Pea' is 6 and is in 1st grade. Her passion is dancing and dolls. She has a very sweet spirit (the reason for her nick-name) and we are truly blessed to be her parents.
Psalm 127:3 "Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him."
2 comments:
HI! I hope the new blogging site works out well for you! I am looking forward to reading more. I just finished "Persuasion" by Jane Austen last night. "Sense and Sensibilities" is next on my list. --Gin at www.homeschoolblogger.com/doehillhomeschool
Love the photos of the kids. Miss you bunches!
Post a Comment