Friday, January 01, 2010

Winter's Beauty

We took a drive around town today to look at the pretty trees covered in snow. It wasn't the best day for taking photos since the sun wasn't out, but I managed to get a few I was happy with. The dreary gray skies reminded me of the poem "In the Bleak Midwinter" written by Rosetti...

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.















As we were nearing home, the skies brightened up quite a bit....so pretty!


The only thing I enjoy photographing in winter more than trees covered with snow, are trees covered with layer upon layer of shimmering ice. I'm sure there will be plenty opportunities for those photos as well; it seems to be a very cold and snowy winter already.

1 comment:

storyteller said...

What a lovely wintry photo series of your world ... so different from my own. Thanks for sharing ;-)
Hugs and blessings,