Monday, August 24, 2009

Remembering Mom

Today would have been my Mom's 75th birthday!

Oh how I wish she were here so we could celebrate her day! It was hard losing her 8 years ago to cancer, and it was hard losing my Dad last year to Alzheimer's Disease. Not a day goes by, when I don't think of them both. I wish I could pick up the phone and talk to them. I'd love to tell them about my day, all about the kids, how we've moved, what we've been up to lately etc. etc. It's the little everyday things I wish they were around for the most. I see so many of my friends enjoying their parents...having them around to babysit the kids, enjoy holidays with and so much more, and it hurts knowing that I will never get to do that with my parents ever again.

My Mom was truly an inspiration to me. She loved life, she loved her family and she was a blessing to all who knew her. She and I had a close bond. As I got older, we got closer. She loved the Lord and wasn't afraid to share that with everyone. She left behind a legacy that she will always be remembered for. She was part of a wonderful Godly heritage that I too am proud to be a part of! One day I will see her again, and I will spent eternity with her in the Lord's presence...that makes the waiting time here on earth so much easier!!

My beautiful Mom...


Mom and Dad were so much in love, and were a wonderful Christian example of what marriage is all about.


Mom, still vacationing even in the midst of being sick with cancer. Nothing got her down!!


Happy birthday Mom...I miss you but know that I'll see you again one day!

2 comments:

Fifi said...

I get the impression that your mom was a courageous woman.
What a stunning tribute to a beautiful woman who left an awesome legacy.

The Szareks said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom! I miss my Mom and Dad too but am so glad I know where they are and that I will see them both again someday!