The first thing that kept me away from blogging is obviously our packing up and getting ready to move. Our closing is officially set for June 30th, so we're busy busy busy with packing, cleaning and wondering why in the world we have so much stuff!!! ha ha I can't believe that in 3 weeks, we'll be in our new home! After all these months, all the headaches of house showings, cleaning and frustrations, we'll be ready to end this chapter and literally 'move on'. Yaay!
This is what our home looks like these days:
My husband spent the entire day on the phone today because of all the calls he had to make to the water company, oil company, gas company, phone company, insurance company, cable TV company etc. etc. In between packing and cleaning and all that craziness, we've been trying to get some fun in with the kids. It's not easy though when there's so much to do.
Here are the kids playing with their new super-soakers. Lionel went wild when he purchased his...he's got backup in the special super-soaker backpack! Poor Sweet-Pea, she doesn't stand a chance.
Then again...she's got quite the super-soaker herself!
Sweet-Pea LOVES to dance and jump...here she is 'taking flight'!
We also had a bit of fun at a local park with some of the other families in our homeschool group. One of our previous members came up from Florida to visit us, so that made the day extra special! (I miss you already Suzanne!!!!)
This park has the coolest playground! The kids had a blast - both young and old!! Lionel is in the tower (yellow shirt) and Sweet-Pea is climbing up the side (in pink).
Lionel showing his age - by taking a break from running around with all the younger kids.
Sweet-Pea and 2 of her friends.
Yup, this is what homeschooling does to you!!! The only adult not making a face (in green) is not a homeschool mom...so this is proof that all of us who homeschool are, in fact, crazy! =)
Back to why I haven't blogged in a while....
My Sony laptop died. It was a sad day for me! That computer was a lifeline to many things...keeping records for our own homeschool, maintaining the website for our homeschool group, not to mention keeping in touch with family and friends through our photo site and emails. Praise the Lord I noticed something wasn't quite right, so I backed up all of my work. I no sooner finished the job when it officially shut down and died. Poor thing. I'll miss it...may it rest in peace. =) OK, so that's a bit overboard...but still, we don't realize how much we depend on modern technology until we don't have them anymore.
Fortunately, my amazing, wonderful and extremely generous husband bought me a new computer that very day! I opted for a desktop since I hardly ever moved my laptop away from my desk when it worked. I decided that I'd rather have a more powerful computer over a more convenient one this time. It's got a LOT more storage space on it, and it's much quicker. It arrived today and I'm already enjoying it VERY much! So...now that I have a computer, I can blog again. Yaay me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment