Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun with the family!

Yesterday we had lots of fun in the sun...which is rare around here lately due to all the rain we've been getting! The family got together for a picnic...food, fun and pool time! It was lots of fun - as it always is getting together with them!!! Since the death of my Dad, it even means more to me than it used to...family is precious, and I value every minute with them.

It actually was quite hot outside, but it was nice and breezy under the tent in the shade. Edward is in the yellow t-shirt on the right.


Sweet-Pea playing with her 2 cousins from Wyoming.


My cousin from WY and Lionel, enjoying the pool.


Sweet-Pea in the pool...she's part fish! = )


Lionel, lost in a pile of tubes. I think there were 5 or 6 piled up.


Sweet-Pea


Farmer Sweet-Pea...headed out to plow the fields behind her. =)


Lionel, Sweet-Pea and their 2 cousins.


Just havin' a bit of fun with my macro...these flowers are gorgeous aren't they!?!


This pretty Monarch butterfly was perched on the bush just waiting for me to snap a photo.


Lionel, captured in a more serious pose...I love this photo of him.


Sweet-Pea playing a game with grace and beauty...all due to years of ballet lessons. =)


Well, now that we've had our day of rest and relaxation, it's time to WORK! We move in just 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! The house is packed except for a few last minute things. Cody heads for the doggie spa tomorrow morning, and then we wait patiently for the big huge truck to come and pick up our 'stuff' on Tuesday morning. We've already begun to say good-bye to our neighbors, and our list of to-do's is getting smaller. Yaay!!!

I probably won't be able to post for a few days now. Lord willing, the next time I'm on here, there will be photos of the move and news that we're settling in.

5 comments:

Lexie said...

Looks like fun!! I'm glad you got to have a rest, moving is alot of work. I've finally updated my blog if you want to drop by when you're not packing!! ;)

mallen (mlpinky)

Sleepless Stitch said...

I love the macro shot... That butterfly is so pretty!!
And Lionel looks so grown up in that photo!! It is a great shot!

CRCHAIR said...

Great photo of Lionel.

Sleepless Stitch said...

Miss you... Hope everything is going well and that you are getting settled into your home!

Fifi said...

Family moments are THE BEST!
As I write I realise you must be in your new home now ....... I do hope all went well and that you are settling quickly! I look forward to hearing from you and your fam soon!

Love to you all .....