The Silver Ring Thing is a unique para-church youth ministry that promotes the message of abstinence until marriage using two avenues- an intense Live Event and the packaged SRT 434 Program for small groups.
Their mission is "to motivate, educate, support and transform generations of young people to embrace a lifestyle of Christ-centered sexual abstinence until marriage."
Their vision is "to create a culture shift in America where abstinence becomes the norm again rather than the exception."
Edward is planning on going to the live event with Lionel. Since he's at that oh-so-impressionable age (13) , this can't be happening at a more perfect time! We have talked about it in the past, and Lionel was interested in attending. He knows it's so important to save himself for marriage, but to hear it from others and listen to kids his age speak from experiences, will be the icing on the cake. We will buy him the ring and he will wear it in hopes that it will serve as a reminder to him through the years to come - until marriage.
We pray constantly for our children and for their future spouses. It's never too early!
I pray that Lionel will find a Christian wife who will always be there to support him, will raise their children to love and follow Christ, and will always keep God in the center of all she does. I pray she is pure before marriage, and that she too is being raised in a Christian home with morals and values that are pleasing to God. I also pray that she is being prepared for her future husband who will be her best friend.
For Sweet-Pea, I pray that she will find a Godly man. One that will love her as Christ loves the church. I pray that he will lead their family as he should, and always be a positive example for them all. I also pray that he will be pure before marriage, and that he is being raised in a Christian home as I mentioned above. I pray that he will be Sweet-Pea's best friend, and will always help her feel loved and secure as they grow and raise their children together.
Of course I pray the same for my children. I also pray that they (and their spouses) will be good parents - better than we are!!! It's so important to pray, so if you're not doing so already, start now. Pray alone, and also pray with your children so they know how to pray as well. Write down your prayer requests as you pray, and keep them in a safe place. When your children eventually do marry, it will be exciting to see how God has worked in their lives and through your prayers!!
Once it's over, I will write an update on how the Silver Ring Thing went!
1 comment:
I have never heard of the silver ring program. It sounds wonderful! When I was a teenager I was involved in a similar program! I pray for my kids spouses all the time! It is more important than what job they have or what college they attend...it is their partner in life in good or bad!
-Sandy Toes
Post a Comment