Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Is it too early?

I don't know if it was Sweet-Pea that inspired me, or if getting Lionel's test results got me excited, but I am already thinking about school for the fall. Generally speaking, we like to get an early start in mid to late August, but this year, come August 4th, we're going to strap on our seat belts and get going with our schooling once again! I can't wait!!!!!

Most people would rant and rave at starting so early, but you know what? While you're out there baking in the hot sun and horrible humidity (bleck!), we'll be inside with the a.c. on enjoying our new books and doing fun educational projects. It doesn't sound that bad when put that way does it? August around here is usually the worst month of the year for bugs and humidity...I personally can't stand it. If we start early, then come December, we can take off a few weeks for Christmas! That's a whole lot more fun if you ask me!! So...it looks like we have exactly 33 more days off until school begins, that's it!

We already have the books picked out and our school room has gotten an overhaul...sort of. We rearranged the furniture, but now we I have to clean it up a bit more. I already stripped the walls of our posters and school work from this past year, but I also like to go through our bookshelves before the new school year and purge what we need to get rid of. Homeschoolers tend to 'collect' books and educational supplies more than most people, so it's easy to accumulate too much, especially when you have 2 big IKEA cubby shelves in your school room like we do!!! So...it's off to start sorting through our supplies. Anyone need anything??? I'm hoping to get it clean enough so I can post photos...we'll see how much I get done this week...and I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in the same mode you are! I just put our timeline back up on the wall and can't wait to start the next school year. :-)
You have the best school room. I would love to have a dedicated spot like that!
~big hug
Suzanne