Our lives have been totally consumed with my Dad and his situation in the nursing home. We were out early this morning for a bit and then when we got home the phone rang which proceeded to change all our plans! Ugh, not again!!! I was on the phone for almost an hour back and forth with the nursing home, our attorney and some doctors. I was supposed to call the home back and give them some information they need for next week but you know what?!? I put down the phone and decided that they were NOT going to ruin our family day!!! Everything I need to contact them about could wait until tomorrow.
So...we went in the pool! We had SOOO much fun! Edward did not go in - he's not much for going swimming, but he sat on the deck to be with us and to take photos! The kids and I were in for a couple hours and it was wonderful!!! Cody was outside with us and after a bit of wandering around the yard, he found a nice cool spot in the shade to rest. He's getting used to us more and more. He's such a joy to have around, we don't even remember life without him!
Here are a few photos from our day...
Sweet-Pea - lookin' a little bit silly with Mommy's goggles on!!!
She can almost reach the bottom with her tippy toes this year!
Lionel...his favorite things are swimming underwater, jumping in and making waves!
Oh yeah...and getting everyone wet!
Cody, looking for a good place to relax in the heat...looks like he found it!
Ahh...this is the life...now will you please fetch me a bone?!?
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time together as a family.
Very smart of you to put the phone down and resolve to call tomorrow. This coming school year I am going to do that in the mornings. No calls while we are doing school. It can wait till after we are done!
:-) Much love ~
Suzanne
What a wonderful day!
I am going to work on setting our pool up today hopefully because it will be definate swim weather this weekend.
Enjoy your summer fun!!
Post a Comment