Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Test everything...hold on to what is good!

God clearly tells us in the Bible to "Test everything. Hold on to the good." (I Th. 5:21) He also said: "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many...For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Matthew 24:11, 24) Who are the elect? Christians...Bible believing, born again, Christ loving Christians! Me...and hopefully YOU!

My reason for this post was to throw a warning at you. I was browsing the internet tonight and came across some very disturbing news about Oprah. Please don't think that I follow her or even like to watch her - I don't! I did watch her "Big Give" once, but I felt that her 'giving' was all in vain! That's not how we are to give to others. We are to give from the heart, not from the wallets of someone with tons of money!! True giving comes from sacrifice.

Anyhow...I found this video which reveals some of who Oprah truly is. She has such an influence because she's rich, she's on national TV, and many many housewives and people who are home later in the afternoon watch her show. Her new book club has shed some light as to her beliefs and what she stands for. This little video clip is from a company that wrote a book about it all called "Dont Drink The Kool-Aid: Oprah, Obama and The Occult." I am not putting it here as an advertisement for the book, but as an eye-opener to those of you who do like Oprah. Be on your guard! Be careful...as the Bible says...false prophets come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves!!! If you go to the site mentioned at the end of the video, you'll see more video clips about Oprah and her book club. It's pretty scary that her deceit is right out there in the open, yet many people aren't seeing it!



So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! (I Cor. 10:12)

1 comment:

Fifi said...

I couldn't access the video clip! But I am not a big fan of Oprah. She tells people what they want to hear for the now...... not much depth I'm afraid!! Fence sitting perhaps?