Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Civil War....Risk....and Peanut Butter Cookies

The past few days have been quiet for us. Edward has been home sick from work with the flu (nothing too bad, mainly a cold type flu - but bad enough to make him weak and tired). We were supposed to go out for Lionel's birthday, but that was put on hold. Edwards birthday is coming up soon too, so we will celebrate them together now. We've been watching movies, playing games and hanging out together. It's been nice actually!

Lionel got a Risk board game for his birthday - something he's been wanting for a long time. He loves history and geography, so this was the perfect game for him. We just finished watching Gettysburg, and are going to watch Gods and Generals this week - can't wait. Buying him a Civil War hat for his birthday was a HUGE hit! He's already got a Revolutionary hat...hmm, what's next?!? Here he is sporting his new hat....



Well, today Lionel taught me how to play the game. He, Daddy and I played for hours, and still we're not done. It's amazing how quickly the game can turn though. This is my first time playing, but I have to say I'm creaming the two boys!!! I have defeated and conquered Australia and the surrounding areas, all of Africa and the entire Asian continent! Woo hoo!!! Lionel owns most of South America and Daddy owns all of North America and most of Europe. It's fun to watch them battle it out. The two of them keep fighting at the borders and they're totally forgetting I own 1/2 of the world! ha ha Here's a photo of the board so far - not a great one, but you'll get the point. I'm red, Lionel is blue and Daddy is green - hard to tell the difference between their pieces, but check out all that red!!!! (Yea, I'm just so humble tonight, aren't I?)



Since Sweet-Pea hasn't been able to play the game, she has been in the kitchen doing what she does best...baking cookies! She LOVES watching the FoodTV channel. I think part of Daddy has wiped off onto her...Daddy went to Johnson & Wales years ago and got his Culinary Degree - the same time as Emeril Lagasse...they were in the same class. Whoop-de-do! ha ha Anyhow...she has been so eager to get in the kitchen and bake, so today she made peanut butter cookies - all on her own! The only part I helped her with was putting the trays in the oven and taking them out when the cookies were done. We all enjoyed eating them after dinner...and boy were they good!!!





Have a happy day!

No comments: