Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Lionel - We love you!

I can't believe that today our son turned 13!!! Wow, where does the time go? He's a teenager now. I am so proud to be his Mom and can truly say that God blessed us far more than I could ever have imagined!! Lionel has grown so much over the years, not only physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. We have seen him grow and mature into a young gentleman and although he has a ways to go, he is well on is way to being a true man of God!

Here he is through the years....

1995


1996


1997


1998


1999


2000 - Homeschool Kindergarten graduation


2001


2002


2003


2004


2005


2006 - Homeschool Grade 6 Graduation


2007


2008 - On his birthday with Cody (and his new very cool Civil War Union Cap!)


A note for my son:
"My dear 'Lionel', I am so glad God chose me to be your Mom. I am amazed at the way you have always been helpful to me around the house, and I am proud of you for reaching out to others. You are creative, loving and full of life! I love your sense of humor and I adore your smile - dimples and all!!! You are a wonderful violinist and although you need to practice more often than you do, you have been given a true gift. Use it for the Lord and enjoy it. You gave your life to Christ at a young age and have always tried to do what's right even though at times it's hard. I can't wait to see where God leads you. I pray for you every day and always will. Happy 13th birthday my son, I love you dearly!!!! Love, Mommy"

3 comments:

Fifi said...

What a touching letter to your boy! One he will cherish forever. You have been a very good mommy in keeping up with all the pics!

Happy Birthday Lionel!!!!! Welcome to Teendom! My eldest son will be 13 in July.

Lexie said...

Happy Birthday Lionel!!! You sure are a handsome young man. May you continue growing closer to Christ and strive to live for him.

Love Mlpinky
PS I have a lovely just turned 11 year old girl who is homeschooled if you are interested in 10 years!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lionel!
God bless ~
Your FL friends