Oh what a wonderful movie!! I really got to know who Beatrix Potter was. I never knew she fell in love (and was supposed to marry) her publisher Norman Wayne...yet he died before they ever married. I never knew she eventually married William Heelis or that she wrote 23 children's books. We all know her most famous work as being "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" but have you heard of The Tale of Pigling Bland, The Tale of Ginger & Pickles, or The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin ...all part of her original Peter Rabbit series?
The movie has a few flashbacks to her childhood which shows that her creativity began when she was quite young. Her imagination was amazing, her drawings/water color paintings beautiful, and her stories very sweet! The setting is 1902 England....the scenery in the movie is gorgeous and the music just adds to the whole sweetness of the movie.
Funniest quote award goes to Helen Potter (Beatrix's stoogy mother) who says "I wish you wouldn't bring tradespeople into the house. They carry dust." She never wanted to acknowledge that her daughter was famous or that she had money...and lots of it! When Beatrix died in 1943, she left 14 farms and over 4000 acres of land to the National Trust! Wow!
The Official Beatrix Potter website
Kid's Corner
Miss Potter - the movie site (includes preview video)
Beatrix Potter Attractions
So, do I recommend this movie? You bet!!
3 comments:
I had not heard of this movie before your blog post. Is it new??? I watched the trailer and it looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it.
julie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/juliestew
I saw this and thought you would totally love it!!!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8918203
Hurry quick before it's gone!!
much love,
Christina
Hello! Be sure to leave a comment on my site to enter my give-away!!!
Hope you are well.
Post a Comment