According to the Bible, animals were created to be herbivores. Once the fall of man happened, animals and man weren't the same. They could've been on the ark, but once the earth dried up from the flood, the vegetation may have been so extremely different that they weren't able to survive on either plants or animals. Only God knows the total truth...but I do believe that all animals were created by God and did not evolve or live millions of years ago. (Don't even get me started on the whole ape to man stuff - that just drives me nuts!!! Again - total nonsense!!!) So...with that said...we went on the field trip, but my children and I just went to see the fossils that were there on display, and to enjoy a fun hike around the grounds. The trees are simply gorgeous this time of year! God's creation is so beautiful.
It was cold outside, but we had a wonderful time walking along the hiking trail on the grounds of the park. Sweet-Pea wore her favorite pink 'wellies' - ones she has been wearing around the house ever since buying them 3 weeks ago! Oh does she have Scottish blood in her or what!?! Lionel would've been outside in his shorts and a t-shirt had I let him...he's totally nuts! I did have him bundle up, so don't go thinking I'm a bad mom! ::wink::
We saw an enormous bee hive while walking. I'm not sure if there were bees in it or not, but being that it's very cold out, it was probably empty! It had to be at least 1 1/2 feet across...it was huge! It was up in a tree, or I'd have tried to get a closer look. Call me crazy.
Lionel and Sweet-Pea taking stopping for a quick photo along the trail.
At the main building we looked around a bit. There wasn't a whole lot to do, so it was a quick tour. It was hard to take it seriously, so we were kind of being silly (but not disrespectful), especially when we noticed this cart. They obviously use it during classes to display hands-on things children can touch, but it was just sitting there empty today. Lionel, go and 'touch the cart'...it's OK...according to their sign, they want you to!!
If you'd like more information on creationism vs. evolution to research for yourself...here are a couple of good sites.
Institute for Creation Research My favorite resource!
Answers in Genesis
3 comments:
"The State" doesn't teach creation because a) it's a religious belief and b) has no basis in science. Creation is a myth.
I knew I would open up a can of worms with this posting, but that's OK...people are entitled to their opinions as I am. I just hope and pray that they seek out Christ before they turn their back on Him! One day EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!!
Regarding the comment from 'panda's thumb'...those who founded our country were Christians...we began as one nation under God...so to say the state doesn't teach creation because it's a religious belief is just not a valid argument. Shame on this country for separating Christ from science...all that you see around you was created by Him! Take a look in the mirror, you too were created by God!
Quote from www.icr.org: "Dr. John Moore, Professor of Natural Science at Michigan State University for over 30 years, pointed out that in creation science:
No new laws are necessary, there is no possible violation of so-called separation of church and state, since no religious teaching is involved.2 But would the United States Supreme Court buy that? Yes. In Edwards vs. Aguiliard, 482 U.S. 96 (1987), they said:
... teaching a variety of scientific theories about the origins of mankind to school children might be done with the clear secular intent of enhancing the effectiveness of science instruction." Therefore, it is perfectly legal and acceptable to teach creation in schools and public places.
As for creationism having no basis in science? That's just preposterous! "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you of heavenly things?" (John 3 :12)
By definition, science means: having knowledge. How can you argue that creation "has no basis in science" then? You can't. Creation is not a myth...it is one of the most incredible things that God has done. How can you watch flowers grow and not believe? How can you see the setting sun and not believe? How can you look at a tiny baby and not believe?
Seek Christ and know that He is the Creator of all things!
Oh, your pictures make me homesick!! Beautiful!
(Did you get your pkg?)
- COMamabear
Post a Comment